14 June 2023

Brain fog

I was already frazzled when I was trying to drive to the occupational therapy appointment the other day, and I did not know that Kessler Rehab has something like a dozen locations in Monmouth County, and I plugged the address into the phone and started driving. 

I drove right past the cardiology office I’d been to the day before, so the route was familiar. It didn’t seem quite right, but covid brain fog, so I figured I was remembering wrong. But I arrived at the address and realized I was in the wrong place: it did not look at all familiar.

I called them, and then told me I was in the wrong location. I was already running late, so I entered Kessler in google maps again and started driving again and then realized the map was taking me to a different wrong Kessler location.

I pulled into a gas station, slowed down, tried to breathe like the occupational therapist is always telling me, found the RIGHT location, pulled a uey, and drove some more. I was half an hour late when I finally arrived.

“Give yourself some grace,” Allizey said, ever so gently. 


No comments:

Post a Comment