29 February 2008

Green Medicine?

I've gotten slammed with asthma this winter, and have been to the doc a number of times, spent a night in the ER getting treated, and am now taking an enormous boatload of prescription drugs and OTCs, as well as various vitamins, herbs and teas recommended by the Chinese acupuncturist, the nice woman at Stephen Drug in Long Branch, and my mother.

Google searches on "green health care," "ecological medicine," and the like yield some information about hospitals looking toward healthier construction practices and better food for the patients, as well, unsurprisingly, as a slew of sites on alternative medicine.

I don't even know where to start. I don't trust Big Pharma one iota, but here I am depending on their products to keep me breathing -- i.e., alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment