14 January 2011

Honoring Rev. King

Monday is a national day of service organized to honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rev. King said, "Life's most persistent and urgent question is: 'What are you doing for others?' "

I'm in the grips of pneumonia, so I'm going to be doing a couple of very simple things this year once I've shaken loose: I'm going to invite my neighbor Goldie, who lives alone, over for coffee, and I'm going to donate a coat to One Warm Coat. (They take donations before and after Martin Luther King, Day.)

I'm also committing myself to doing more environmental activism this year. I don't know how much I can do, between work and family and keeping myself healthy, but I'm going to try to do more, and I'm going to try to make it build, year after year.

What are you going to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment