01 January 2011

Resolved...

I'm going to keep this simple. Three items.

1. More dry beans, fewer cans.
Can anyone tell me why I have such trouble cooking beans in a slow cooker? Old beans? Insufficient heat? The last time I tried to cook up chick peas, I kept them going for two days after an overnight soak in boiling water, and they were still kind of crunchy. Hoping for better luck with the black beans soaking right now.

2. Make music more.
Birthday wish: get the piano tuned so I can play with The Offspring on his violin. Also, I want to make time to play it more on my own, and to noodle around on the harmonica more of the time.

3. Less exasperation, more peace and quiet.
'nuff said.

1 comment:

  1. i've never used a slow cooker for beans, and they usually come out fine. maybe the chickpeas were old...

    ReplyDelete