08 February 2011

Sustainable NYC

I recently bought a wallet made out of recycled billboard at Sustainable NYC on Avenue A between 8th and 9th Streets, I love to browse all the great stuff they have for sale -- fair trade jewelry, green cotton socks, and stuff made out of recycled materials. Here it is:
I was there to buy gifts. But I'd been looking at my old wallet for some time, trying to decide if it was battered enough to replace, or if I should think about trying to get it repaired, and when I saw this, well, I bought it.
I was a little worried about durability. But it's been six weeks or so since I bought it, and no sign of any wear and tear so far, despite the fact that I've got it fairly well stuffed.

Current contents:
Metrocard and ten NJ Transit tickets (Newark Penn Station to Long Branch)
Debit card, two credit cards, pre-tax medical benefits card, health insurance card
Four pictures of The Offspring
Driver's license and employee ID card
NYU and NYPL library cards
Some cash

What do you carry in your wallet?

4 comments:

  1. No photos because I am a bad mother.

    And I need a wallet with a change purse included, just because, and even though I always wear jeans and therefore have pockets for change. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I trade you your pre-tax medical benefits card AND your health insurance card for two pictures of MY offspring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wallet is huge. It even zips up, like a small purse. I don't think of myself as someone who carries around a lot of non-essential stuff, but perhaps I'd better revisit that.

    However, the reason I am commenting is to say Hurrah! for the link. I think I will buy my husband a wallet for V-day. It's inexpensive enough that if he rejects it (which he will, based on experience) I won't be mad AND I'll have a new, less clunky wallet por moi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Driver's license
    Health insurance card
    Current university ID
    Debit Card
    2 Credit Cards
    Dental insurance card
    "PetPerks" discount card
    Moot Blockbuster card (I should really throw this out)
    Video game store discount card
    AAA Card
    A second moot Blockbuster card
    (*What is this? A clown car?)
    Town library card
    $10 gift card to the Asbury Park pinball museum... I have no recollection as to how I acquired this.

    ReplyDelete