10 February 2011

What's In Your Bag?

After I posted a list of what I keep in my wallet, I came across What's In Your Bag on flickr. Magpie wanted to know why all those photos look so neat and tidy. So here's my question for today: What's really in your bag?

I don't actually know what's in my bag. So I just dumped the contents on my desk to find out. Here goes. Truth:

Sunglasses
Supplies (you know what I mean)
Xopenex inhaler
Burt's Bees lip balm
Cell phone
Miniature Swiss Army knife, connected by a short lanyard to a tiny LED flashlight
Valentine's day "rose" purchased from a student group to help buy hats and mittens for children in need
Tums
Plastic gadget to connect chopsticks for use by a little kid (not the chopsticks, though)One stray dime
Wallet
Five band-aids
One-dose packet of Tylenol Sinus
One-dose packet of Advil

Oddly enough, there are no reading glasses in there this morning, no pencil or pen, no stray receipts.

I'd have said the pharmaceuticals had been in there for months, forgotten, except that the Tylenol expired last October, so maybe it's been years. The chopstick gadget has also been unused for a very long time.

So ... 'fess up. What's really in your bag?

2 comments:

  1. Main compartment:
    An old-fashioned date book (you know, PAPER)
    a small bright green note pad (for writing down book titles, addresses, phone numbers while I'm on my cell)
    Key chain with small flashlight
    wallet
    a pen

    In outer pocket: bacitracin, tylenol, Gas-X, children's benadryl, a travel-size sharpie, Purell, "supplies", a child's albuterol inhaler,two safety pins, wrappers from a couple of bandaids (need to replace those!)

    In inner zipped pocket: my emergency $10 bill, two family passes to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, a family pass to the Museum of the City of NY, half a book of stamps.

    In back pocket: nine old Metrocards with an average of $.25 each on them, my ID, a grocery receipt, a rosary, another $10 in emergency money (I have a lot of emergencies).

    ReplyDelete
  2. No hairbrush is what's in my bag. Where did it go?

    ReplyDelete