19 June 2009

"Bucket List"

Apparently, I've been living under a rock. I missed the movie of the above title, and the concept of making a list of stuff you want to do before you die. When somebody used the phrase yesterday, I had to ask for clarification...

At any rate, here are some of the things I want to do before I go:

  • visit Greenland, Iceland, Sicily, the Hudson Bay, Victoria Falls
  • travel the Silk route overland, preferably on foot and/or by camel or on horseback. (Yes, that's dangerous, which means I can't even consider it until The Offspring is through college; yes, I'll have to learn to ride a horse. And a camel.)
  • see Cape Horn and the Panama Canal
  • climb Mt. Olympus
  • swim in the Black Sea
  • hike the Appalachian Trail
  • run another marathon
  • ride my bike across America (yes, America, not the US)
  • play Mozart's piano sonata K 331 and Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata
  • learn to fiddle
  • read The Odyssey in Greek

How's that for starters?

No comments:

Post a Comment