15 December 2009

Dear Sen. Liebermann,

You should be ashamed. You're single-handedly blocking true health-care reform and forcing the rest of your erstwhile party to accept a weakened compromise bill. It could be another generation before America once again has the political will to take on this topic. Are you going to be the one who goes down in history as blocking the advance of US health care into the 21st century, along with other developed nations? Are you going to be the one history decries as allowing health care costs to continue to spiral? You should be ashamed.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose he can always claim he is just representing his constituents as the REAL reason - but I'm appalled. APPALLED. Health care costs are out of control. I have decent healthcare, and even with that, my out of pocket expenses last fiscal year were obscene (ie 5 figures). At least I could GET care.

    Costs are just out of control. The insurance companies are out of control. I don't call AETNA - "Any Excuse to Not Approve" for nothing! There has to be a better way. I worry about some of the provisions being hidden away in the dark corners of this bill, but it is a darn good start...I don't want to think about what will happen now - especially if it is compromise after compromise.

    Justine.

    ReplyDelete