13 July 2010

Stupid Human Tricks

Nice cool morning, and I was enjoying the breeze in my kitchen window.

Then, the air conditioner belonging to the residents of the apartment next door shuddered into life. Why not open the windows? We're at an inside corner of the building, so their A/C is effectively right outside our window, and that meant the breeze coming in the window was heated by the neighbors' superfluous air conditioning unit.

Plus I had to listen to the racket. I retreated to the living room.

1 comment:

  1. Much as I love a fresh breeze, there were times this spring when allergies forced me to close the windows and run the AC in fan/air scrub mode. I'm certainly guilty of running the AC in fine weather.

    The fact that their AC heats the air coming into your own home is troubling though - I wonder what you can do do counteract that.

    J.

    ReplyDelete