29 January 2011

A Thousand Bottles of Water

from "Ethical Shopper," 9/17/10

One bottle of water doesn't seem like much in the way of plastic packaging, right? But consider this:If you're in the habit of drinking bottled water, think about how the daily bottles add up over the weeks and months. And think about the alternatives.

I've been using a stainless steel bottle from Klean Kanteen, refilling it at water fountains or just at the sink. They make great bottles in a variety of sizes.

But it also dawned on me the other week that if I'm carrying around a refillable coffee cup, I can fill that with water whenever it doesn't have coffee in it, and that way I only have to carry one thing around at a time.

So... just think about it. How can you get your drink of water without petroleum packaging plus shipping emissions?

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent stainless steel bottle which both my husband and I use daily. I bought the orange one; he uses the regular stainless steel. We used to buy tons of the plastic water bottles, drinking several a day, but wanted to cut down on our use of plastics. These water bottles work well in conjunction with my water filter system and the taste is clean and fresh tasting. Highly recommend them and this is a very usable size.

    ReplyDelete