26 March 2013

I Need a Break from my Break

I didn't do so well on the spring break to-do list.  I got the first of the conference papers written, and went to the conference, and heard so many great papers and had so many heart-breaking conversations with students nearing the completion of their PhDs that my brain is full.

I got the car taken care of, important because the conference involved a road trip, and I knocked off some doctors' appointments.

Grading?  Yes, got some done.  Getting ahead on work for the rest of the semester?  Joke.  Which is why April is the cruelest month: because spring break is always too short and the lists of things to do too optimistic. Catching up on sleep? Yeah, right.

What day is it again? What am I teaching today?  Where's the coffee?

No comments:

Post a Comment