31 January 2012

Some Drawbacks of Commuting by Bike

So, I've recovered from the latest with remarkable speed, and I'm a little shaky but back at work.

I've commented on some of the advantages of commuting by bike and train, but there's also the occasional downside:

Helmet Hair
NJ Transit toilets
Dirty shoes
I go through a whole lot of deodorant
... and it's still never enough
Hockey fans
Helmet headaches

Still.  I like water, and I get to look at more of it on the train.  I sit on the east side of the car and look at the Raritan Bay, with Sandy Hook and the Verrazano Narrows Bridge in the distance, and on a clear day, the talls buildings of the Brooklyn waterfront.  The car commute goes over the Driscoll Bridge, but if I'm looking at the view I'm in trouble.

And there's also the aforementioned East River, along which I get to cycle every morning and evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment